lundi 16 juillet 2012

Vegan salad and sandwich for summer

Try this amazing vegan salad and sandwich. I made it for lunch today and I REALLY ENJOYED IT.

Ingredients (salad):
- extra-old cheddar cheese (cut in little pieces)
- 1 avocado (cut in little cubes)
- 1 cantaloupe (I didn't use the whole cantaloupe though)
- romaine lettuce
- thin apple slices
- tomatoes
- pistachios


Ingredients (sandwich):
- 2 slices of bread (I took the flax bread from Country Harvest)
- I used the same ingredients as in the salad, minus the pistachios and the cantaloupe

Optional ingredients for the sandwich:
- pepper sauce (you know lol)
- mayo
- mustard

Homemade salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup of raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dried fines herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano, sage)
- 2/3 cup of any vegetable oil (canola, olive or avocado)
- salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients together, mix well then blend with a hand blender.

It's an easy/fast recipe and it's delicious! You should try it. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did ;-)


Bon appétit!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire